Published in Spring 1990 Zeiss Historica Journal
Author: Nicholas Grossman
See Page 15 – 17.
The author was born in Hungary and journeyed back to the city of Györ where Zeiss created a small factory and repair shop to address the needs of what was in 1911, the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It was decided that to have that factory there would ease the process of serving that country’s military market.
Products there were marked inside the trademarked lens cell: Zeiss Karoly Györ. The author was able to access the archives of the director of the county and so translated pertinent documents into English inside this text.
To go to the Journal itself, click on the year 1990 in the first line above.