Published in Autumn 2008 Zeiss Historica Journal
Author: Frank Doherty, Steve Rohan
See Pages 5 – 11.
Before World War II, Carl Zeiss Jena adapted the terrestrial telescope into a binocular configuration with revolving eyepieces to widen the viewing possibilities. They were more binocular like than telescope except for the required tripod. These marvelous instruments were displayed in both binocular and telescope catalogs and were the bee’s knees of the 1920’s and 1030’s.
To go to the Journal itself, click on the year 2008 in the first line above.